Facebook-owned Oculus is set to introduce the Quest 2 in virtual reality. In addition to the motion controller, the company has introduced several games to differentiate its standalone headset from other mobile headsets.
Besides the Google Pixel 3 and iPhone XS, Quest 2 supports some of the most popular mobile devices.
In this article, we’ll show you how to connect Oculus Quest 2 to your phone, so you can start enjoying VR experiences on the go.
How to connect Oculus Quest 2 to the phone?
You might be looking for answers to this question if you have recently purchased the latest Oculus VR headset.
In addition to not having a dedicated screen, the Oculus Quest 2 does not come with a gamepad.
Your phone must run Android 5.0+ or iOS 10+ and have a Facebook account and the Oculus app installed. After installing the app, the Oculus Quest 2 can be connected to a phone via Bluetooth.
Connecting the Oculus Quest 2 to your phone
Before you jump into the latest VR games, there are a few things you should do. We know you’re eager to experience the incredible VR experience that comes with the Oculus Quest 2.
You will be able to slash your way through Beat Saber in no time with the following steps.
1. Install the Oculus application
You can access the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your phone. You can download the Oculus app by searching for it and downloading it from Oculus.
You need to download the Oculus app before pairing your phone with the Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Additionally, you can get VR apps online, buy, download, and install them remotely with this app. To set up the Oculus Quest 2, you’ll need this app.
Installing the app on your phone is as easy as following these steps:
- Be sure your phone runs Android 5.0 or Apple iOS 10 or higher. The Oculus app may not work with older operating systems.
- Get the Oculus app for your phone and install it. It is available on Google Play and the App Store.
- Open the Oculus app on your phone using your Facebook account after installing it. The first thing you’ll need to do is create a Facebook account by tapping “create new account” and following the instructions on the subsequent screen.
After you’ve completed all three steps, your phone and headset are ready to pair.
2. Connect the Oculus Quest 2 headset
Use a charged and turned-on Oculus Quest 2 headset if you have one. Besides having Bluetooth enabled on your phone, you should also connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Quest 2 headset.
Having the best Bluetooth connection is possible by keeping the VR headset close to your phone. Tap the Oculus Quest 2 headset in the Devices section of the Oculus app after opening it.
Your headset and phone should now automatically pair. Do not close the VR headset during pairing or turn the app off.
Why Does My Phone Not Pair Automatically?
Using the Oculus Quest 2 headset pairing code, you’ll need to manually pair your phone with your VR headset if it does not pair automatically.
On the lower right corner of the screen, read the 5-digit code displayed in your headset. Your phone will need the Oculus app installed to pair it with the headset.
Try to pair your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone by entering the five-digit pairing code correctly if you are having trouble. Your VR headset may not display the code if you follow these steps:
- Start your Oculus Quest 2 headset by turning it off and restarting it.
- Restart your phone after turning it off.
- Ensure that your phone is connected to Bluetooth and that the location feature is enabled.
- Delete the Oculus app from your smartphone, then reinstall it.
You are already paired with your VR headset if it displays your home environment.
What to do when If I’m using a Tablet?
Congratulations! Oculus Quest 2 and your tablet can be paired similarly to your phone and tablet.
Install the Oculus app just as long as you have an Android 5.0+ or an iOS 10+ tablet. For your tablet to connect to your Oculus Quest 2, it also needs Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities.
Can I pair a different phone with the same Oculus Quest 2?
If the phone you are using has the Oculus app installed, you can pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset with many smartphones. Log into your account on your phone or tablet and download the Oculus app.
Additionally, the Oculus Quest 2 allows you to share your VR headset with up to three other people.
Just follow these simple steps:
- You can access experimental features by selecting “Settings” in the universal menu of your VR headset. Toggle on the “Multiple Accounts and Library Sharing” setting by scrolling down.
- Select “Accounts” from the “Settings” From there, Oculus Quest 2 allows you to connect up to three additional logins.
- You can share your paid apps library with your connected accounts when you enable “App Sharing.”. This feature will not affect your saved games, individual states, or personal information.
How Do I Cast to My Phone?
As well as streaming the content you see through your headset to your phone, the Oculus Quest 2 gives you the option to stream live games.
The right touch controller’s Menu button will bring up the universal menu, where you must select “Sharing,” “Cast,” and then “Start.”
Your phone will show a notification once you select “Start.” Click on the notification to start casting via the Oculus app.
Whenever the prompt in the app appears, tap “Start Casting” if the app is already open on your phone.
It is true that Oculus Quest 2, despite its standalone nature, is a smartphone-compatible headset. The VR headset doesn’t require a PC or gaming console to use.
In contrast, Oculus Quest 2 requires an Android or iOS-based smartphone to utilize its features fully.
The company is still working to resolve problems that prevented it from launching its new VR headset. Users will soon enjoy a more seamless experience with updates and additional features that the company is developing.
Want to Read more?
A Step By Step Guide To Connect Turtle Beach Stealth 700 To A PC