They are sleek and look good. But sometimes, things get a bit difficult to use since you can’t go ahead and simply do what you want to do with your Apple AirPods.
They come with a lot of restrictions that users find annoying.
For example, if you have an iPhone and use the same iCloud account, you can add your contacts and make them ring when calling someone. But, if you have an iPad, then it isn’t possible to sync your contacts with the AirPods
Everyone loves Apple AirPods. They look good, sound great, and are sleek. You might want to sell or give away your old AirPods since Apple releases new headphones and devices constantly.
Taking ownership of the company means transferring ownership, but is that as complicated as it seems?
The easiest way to transfer ownership of your AirPods is to carry out a factory reset on the AirPods, remove your Apple ID and erase the AirPods from your phone so the AirPods are ready to be connected to the new owner’s device.
It’s a good thing that AirPods can pair to multiple devices. But what if you just want to switch ownership? Is there an easy way to transfer Apple AirPods from one account to another?
You will want to follow the steps below for this operation. Are you ready? Continue reading to learn how!
What do You need To Do To Remove The Apple ID From Your AirPods?
AirPods automatically appear on Apple Watches, laptops, and other devices when connected. Therefore, AirPods are tightly tied to your Apple ID. If you want to remove them, you’ll have to delete the AirPods from your device.
You need to do the following to remove your AirPods and AirPods Pro:
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- On your device, click “Bluetooth.”
- Locate your AirPods or AirPods Pro by name.
- Click the circled “i” in blue.
- After clicking on “Forget This Device,” a pop-up window appears.
If the device is yours, you may want to change the name before disconnecting. After disconnecting, you may want to remember the name of the device. You can rename it under the “Name” section. Ideally, to the owner’s new name.
After removing AirPods from one of your devices, they disconnect from your Apple ID.
How can you factory reset your Apple AirPods?
Performing a factory reset of AirPods requires the following steps:
- Activate your AirPods.
- Setup AirPods for at least 10-15 seconds while pressing the setup button on the back.
- Hold the setup button until a white flash appears when the status light starts to flash in amber.
- It will be necessary to repair your AirPods on any old device.
This article describes AirPods in more detail. Let’s see how you can set up your new AirPods now that you know how to reset your old ones.
New AirPods: How To Set Them Up?
If you just received your new AirPods, you have to be super excited about setting them up. Follow these steps to get started:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the lid of your AirPods case while the AirPods are still inside the AirPods case.
- Place your device on top of the AirPods case and open the lid.
- Your iOS device will detect the AirPods via Bluetooth, and a pop-up will appear asking you if they are yours.
- Select “Connect”
- On the AirPods case, you’ll need to hold down the setup button for a few seconds.
- After pressing it for about ten seconds, you’ll see a pop-up message saying, “Connection established.”
- In addition to the AirPod’s ears, the pop-up displays the case’s and the AirPods’ battery percentage.
After that, you will be able to use your AirPods. If you lose your AirPods, keep reading to find out what you need to do.
What To Do If You’ve Lost Your AirPods?
Have you just realized that your AirPods are missing? Could you have left them in the restaurant bathroom? Did you bring them for a walk and leave them somewhere? Or maybe, they’re stuck in your ear?
If so, we have some useful advice on how to find your missing AirPods. There may be simply lost, or they might have fallen out of your ears while jogging.
Apple’s AirPods are small and light. Therefore, they might be stolen or lost easily. This is why Apple provides a guarantee. You can locate your missing Apple devices with the “Find My iPhone” feature.
The following steps will guide you through setting up find my iPhone:
- Tap on your name in the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Turn on “Share My Location” under “Find My”
- Activate ” Find my iPhone” by tapping on it. Your family and friends can track where you are.
- When your device is offline, you can still locate it by enabling “Find My Network.”
- Turn on Send Last Location so that Apple can know where your device is, even if the device is on due to a low battery.
If you have previously used AirPods on your device, Find My iPhone will also track them if you have iOS 10.3 or higher installed. You can find them by using Find My iPhone.
Finding the time and location where your AirPods last connected, or if they are in an AirPod case, may be helpful if your AirPods are out of range or need to be charged.
This should be helpful. You can always get replacement AirPods cases on Amazon if you cannot find the original.
Using AirPods is so fun and stylish. We hope this article will help you better understand how to navigate it! It’s crucial to know where you’re going and what you need to do!
The process doesn’t take long and is easy. If you want to get your hands on a pair of Apple AirPods, all you need to do is log into the Find my iPhone app on your iOS device and select Lost Mode.
From there, select the option to play a sound. The next thing you do is locate your lost AirPods via the sound they create (as they will still be connected to your phone).