JBL represents superior quality audio, sound, and manufacturing. Hence, when you buy a pair of JBL headphones or earbuds, you are guaranteed to have a great sound experience.
Are you searching for how to connect JBL headphones and earbuds to Ipad? Whether you just got a new pair of JBLs or have had them for years, the best way to connect them is through Bluetooth.
Bluetooth technology is the best way to wirelessly stream your music, video, and audio (if the source device has Bluetooth capabilities) right into your ears.
JBL headphones or earbuds can be connected to the iPad in two ways. Bluetooth-enabled headphones can be paired wirelessly to your iPad or using a cable, and a USB-C adapter can be used to connect them using a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Follow this article, and learn how to connect JBL headphones and earbuds to an Ipad.
Connect JBL Headphones and Earbuds to Wireless Bluetooth
JBL headphones or earbuds can be connected to your iPad using a wireless connection, the easiest and most convenient method.
The app can be used anywhere as long as your iPad is within range, which is an excellent option if you want to exercise indoors.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Connecting JBL Headphones to Bluetooth
You can connect JBL headphones and earbuds using Bluetooth by following these steps:
- Touch the Settings button on your iPad.
- Go to Settings > General > Bluetooth.
- Turn on your iPad’s Bluetooth by tapping the on/off toggle switch.
- Activate pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button for 2-3 seconds. The pairing LED will blink blue on the speaker when the mode is activated.
- You will see the headphones’ names in the list of available devices. Tapping the name will pair the headphones.
- The flashing blue light will become solid blue after pairing your JBL headphones with your iPad.
Connecting JBL Earbuds Using Bluetooth: Easy Quick Steps
Bluetooth earbuds are compatible with Apple iPad.
Here is how to pair them:
- Connect your iPad to Bluetooth (toggle on Bluetooth from General > Bluetooth in settings).
- Plug in your JBL earbuds charger.
- Put your earbuds in pairing mode by removing the right earbud from the case.
- Your JBL earbuds will now appear in the Bluetooth list on your iPad.
- You can connect your device by selecting it from your iPad’s Bluetooth list.
- Now you can pair your JBL earbuds to your iPad.
- When you remove your left earbud from the case, it will automatically pair with your right earbud.
How to connect JBL headphones via a cable?
If using a wireless headset is not an option for you, you can connect to your iPad using a cable and the 3.5 mm headphone jack.
● Connect an iPad to a headphone jack
Most of the headphones and earbuds included in the JBL range use a 3.5mm headphone jack for connection to devices.
To connect wirelessly to your iPad, use the Bluetooth connector on your headphones or earbuds if they do not have cables.
The cable is a simple way to connect your JBL headphones and earbuds. You can now use your iPad as a headphone amplifier by connecting the headphones cable to the 3.5mm jack on it.
● Connect to iPads without a headphone jack
A new iPad doesn’t have a headphone jack if you bought one after 2018. As part of Apple’s gradual transition to wireless devices, the company does away with cable connections.
However, it is still possible to connect your JBL headphones or earbuds to a computer using a cable, and you simply have to purchase a USB-C (lightning) to 3.5mm audio jack adapter.
You can get them easily online, and they draw power from the charging port of your iPad to make it possible to connect headphones and play audio.
● Tips on how to troubleshoot
The connection of your JBL headphones or earbuds to your iPad can occasionally be problematic, as it is with any device.
If you don’t own a USB-C to headphone adapter for your iPad and want to use wireless Bluetooth connectivity, you’ll need to troubleshoot a few options.
Here are some of the most common issues encountered when connecting devices to iPads, such as earbuds and headphones from JBL.
Having trouble pairing my JBL headphones with my iPad
You may experience this problem if you have already paired another device with your iPad. Each Bluetooth device can be paired together only once.
The following instructions will show you how to confirm the pairing of another device:
- Choose ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Select General > Bluetooth.
- Ensure that no other devices are already paired by checking the list of connected devices.
- Tap the I icon (i) beside the device name to remove it.
- Unpair the device by tapping ‘Forget This Device.
The wireless Bluetooth pairing instructions mentioned previously in this article should allow you to locate and pair your JBL headphones once you’ve unpaired the conflicting device.
How to check the battery level of JBL headphones or earbuds?
Using headphones or earbuds without charging is another very common problem. You can turn your headphones or earbuds off by tapping the power button.
You can check the LED light near the power button with large over-ear headphones. It will blink red when your headphones need charging.
Connect your earbuds to power so they can be charged. When the earbuds are charging, a blinking light will appear beside them. They will remain illuminated once fully charged.
You can also check simply if you are using iOS 9 or higher on an iPad. You’ll first need to set it up to use this handy feature. The setup process takes only a few minutes.
Just follow the steps below:
- Tap the top of the screen and swipe down.
- Click on the iOS Today tab.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Your JBL device’s Today widget will now include Batteries.
- Now batteries will appear in the Today list.
- Connect your JBL headphones.
- To view the battery status of a paired Bluetooth device, turn the device on.
After establishing Bluetooth connectivity, your iPad’s status bar will have two battery icons; the vertical icon refers to your Bluetooth device.
This JBL product is great for anyone who wants to listen to music on the go, whether that’s walking or running.
If you catch public transportation or ride your bike a lot and want to listen to music, this is also a great option for you.
We hope this article helped you address how to connect JBL headphones or earbuds to your iPad. Have a question? Leave it in the comments below.
Want to Read more?
Steps to Take When Your Fitbit Is Not Tracking Your Sleep