Sony’s Pulse 3D is a wireless gaming headset for the PS5. A pinhole microphone replaces a quality boom mic, and the design and audio are pleasing.
PS5 games are designed to be played with the PULSE 3D Wireless Headset. Using its wireless USB receiver or the included 1/8″ TRRS cable, this device delivers low latency wireless audio across all platforms, including PC and PlayStation 4 and PS5.
This feature provides a more immersive experience and is only compatible with a few games, but Tempest 3D Audio is a unique selling point.
With its distinctive style and spatial audio feature, it’s a solid wireless headset for games on your PS5.
The headphones plug into a PS5 to provide 3D audio. Playing games, watching movies, and listening to music with a Sony headset is a massive part of Sony’s audio future.
However, how are they to be used on a PC? That’s easy; you need to install them. Find out how to pair the new PS5 headset with your computer in just a few minutes by following this simple guide.
Is it possible to use the Pulse 3D Headset on a PC?
There’s good news for those of you with Macs and Windows computers – these headphones are usable with both. So in case you like these headphones, you can use them not just on your PlayStation 5 but on a variety of devices.
The best news is that the Pulse 3D can be used on any PC with no hassle. Sony’s new device is as easy to connect as any other pair of headphones, even if you have some technical knowledge.
The following steps will guide you through the process of connecting them to your computer.
Use of the Pulse 3D headset with PC
While gaming, you can use the microphone to communicate with your friends while immersing yourself in the world of the game.
A wireless USB transmitter is included with the Pulse 3D Headset; you will need to plug it into a USB port on your computer.
If you want to link your headset to your PC, follow these steps:
- If you have a PlayStation, you will find the UBS dongle plugged into the console or headset packaging.
- Connect the dongle to your PC’s USB 3.0 port. Micro USB adapters may be required for Mac computers.
- Once you turn on the headset, the dongle should connect automatically. The headset may suggest installing some drivers to ensure its proper operation.
- Depending on your headset, you may be able to start listening to music or gaming immediately after setting up the sound.
To change the audio sound, follow these steps:
- On the bottom right of your screen, right-click on the sound icon.
- Open a new window by clicking “Open Sound settings.”
- Click the dropdown menu under the “Output” heading to choose your output device.
- You will need to choose your Pulse 3D headset. Play some music and adjust the mast volume below the Output settings to determine if you are getting sound from the headset.
How to pair the Pulse 3D Headset’s Microphone?
The microphone may be automatically configured depending on the headset, but it is also essential to ensure that it is connected when switching devices. If you experience microphone problems in a specific game, be sure you check its settings.
Connect your headset’s microphone by following these steps:
- Go to your computer’s “Sound Control” panel.
- Select “Recording” from the menu. A list of compatible devices will appear. Choose the Pulse 3D headset from the list.
- To set the default, click the “Set Default” button at the bottom of the panel.
- Select the “Levels” tab from the “Properties” button in the new window. This allows you to set a volume that’s suitable for you.
If you frequently change devices for your headset, you may experience some issues with the headset’s microphone working.
How to fix the issue when Your Pulse 3D Headset Isn’t Connecting?
Pulse 3D headsets are easy to use on PC, but you can try these few quick fixes if the headset isn’t pairing correctly.
- Make sure you are using the correct port. A USB port may be blocked by damage or be incorrectly configured for audio output.
- It is necessary to reinstall the faulty drivers. You can remove the headset drivers from your “Device Manager” by opening the program. Once the computer is rebooted, reinstall the drivers.
- Plug the USB dongle back in again after unplugging it. Doing so performs a soft reset.
- Make sure the headset isn’t muted. Make sure your audio settings are correctly set for your computer and the game or video player you are about to run by clicking the Sound icon in the taskbar.
- Make sure the headset is working correctly by connecting to another device. Your PC or the headset itself may be blamed if it won’t connect to another device.
Connect to Pulse 3D with other devices
Besides the PlayStation 5, the Pulse 3D headset can be used by many other devices thanks to its USB dongle.
You can use the Pulse 3D headset with the following devices:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and Windows computers
As with most headphones, the Pulse headset is also equipped with a 3.5 mm connector so that you can connect the wired headset to any device that has a headphone jack. However, you will not adjust the volume or experience 3D audio.
This connection is compatible with the following devices:
- Series X or Series S of the Xbox
- IOS and Android devices
When using the wired connection, keep in mind that the headset can only work with Sony products since it was built for a PlayStation 5.
You will automatically pair your headset with the USB dongle when you turn it on, and any required drivers will be installed on your PC. The “Speakers (wireless stereo headset)” will appear when your PC detects the headphones.
There are plenty of compatible devices, including your PC, in addition to the PlayStation 5 and Pulse 3D.
Connect your USB dongle to the headset and turn it on for the headset to connect, allowing you to play games or stream videos automatically.
- Can the Pulse 3D headset be used on a PC?
- Yes, the Pulse 3D headset can be used on both Mac and Windows computers. It can be connected using the included wireless USB receiver or 1/8″ TRRS cable.
- How to connect the Pulse 3D headset to a PC?
- Connect the wireless USB transmitter to a USB port on the computer, turn on the headset, and it should connect automatically. Drivers may need to be installed for proper operation.
- How to pair the Pulse 3D headset’s microphone with a PC?
- Go to the Sound Control panel, select Recording, choose the Pulse 3D headset from the list, set it as the default, and adjust the volume level in the Properties tab.
- How to fix the issue when the Pulse 3D headset isn’t connecting to a PC?
- Try checking the USB port, reinstalling drivers, unplugging and replugging the USB dongle, making sure the headset isn’t muted, connecting it to another device, and checking audio settings.
- Can the Pulse 3D headset be used with other devices besides the PS5?
- Yes, the Pulse 3D headset can be used with other devices that have a USB port by using the included wireless USB receiver.
Want to Read more?
How Does Oculus Quest Work With the PS5?