First, resetting your Ring account password ensures your safety since it will change the account login information and give you access to the app and device.
If you have a lot invested in Ring devices, you may be tempted to go with a hard reset. But before you do that, try using this guide to follow the steps to remember your account info and log into your account again.
Agents from Ring are always available 24/7, so one click is all it takes to connect with someone who can help you whenever there’s an issue.
You may be reading this article because you have forgotten your password and want to reset it. If that’s the case, I’m assuming you are using a computer.
If you are using a mobile device, visit the Ring website and enter the email associated with your account to change your password.
In this article, you’ll find instructions on how to reset your Ring password as well as how to reset your Ring account to accommodate a new user. The next step will be to delete your current Ring account and create a new one.
What Should You Do If You Want to Reset Your Ring Account?
Using the Ring app to reset a forgotten password isn’t the only way to do it. You have multiple options you can use, depending on your situation and whether you want to abandon your account or keep it in place for the future.
If your account is still valuable, other reasons consider other methods besides the standard app-based password reset.
Even though it’s a lot of work, you can change everything except your first name on your ring account.
If users want to reset their Ring account, there are several methods they can choose from:
- You can reset your password. Are you having trouble logging into your account or not remembering your password? Resetting your password will help.
- Reset the payment details. You can change payment information here or just erase your old payment if you want to reset your account.
- Reset your device. It is necessary to reset the account by erasing the settings from the device itself.
- Don’t use Ring anymore. Consider doing this if you are launching a new Ring account or if you would like to switch Ring accounts.
Here we will review how to reset your ring account and get it back in working order.
What Is the Process to Reset the Ring Account Password?
We could help you if you forgot your password. To reset the password for your Ring account, you will need the phone number connected to your account.
Check the About Me section on your Ring account website to find this number. You will also need access to your email inbox or another email address that you use regularly. Be sure you’re logged into that email address.
To reset your password, first ensure that you access your email.
Follow these steps to reset your password:
- To access your Ring account, click here.
- To change your password, click the blue Forgot Password button.
- Identify your Ring account by entering your email address.
In addition to the email with the link and instructions, a separate email will be sent to your Ring email address.
They recommend searching your Ring inbox to see where you received the initial setup instructions if you aren’t sure which email address you use for Ring.
What is the proper way to reset my Ring for a new user?
To ensure no personal information is left on your Ring device after a new user takes it over or is sold, you must reset it.
Follow these steps to reset your device:
- Using the ring device, remove the backplate.
- Approximately 15-20 seconds are needed to hold the orange button-down.
- Once the reset has been completed, the front’s ring light will flash.
To prevent your payment information from being accessed by the new Ring owner, you need to reset your payment information in your account when you give a Ring device to another owner.
(It will be required that you use the Ring website from a computer. Mobile devices will not be able to do it.):
- On the top-right side of the page, click the Login option.
- Your Ring login credentials are required.
- You will find your name on the page that pops up in the top right corner.
- Choose your account.
- Choose the Credit Card on File option.
- You can remove the card from your account by selecting the “x” icon.
So the following user cannot access your credit card and payment information. Your credit card and payment information should now be gone.
What are the steps for deleting my Ring account?
With all of the features that come with Ring, likely, you won’t be satisfied with just one user. If this is the case, you can always switch users or reset your Ring account to a new user. However, keep in mind that switching users will reset everything.
You must delete your old Ring account and create a new one to switch users or reset the Ring account to another user.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click the Login button after you have logged into your Ring account.
- Sign in with your email address and password.
- Go to ring.com/account/datarequests and type the address in the address bar.
- Choose Delete My Personal Information from the menu.
- If you click this, your Ring account will be permanently deleted.
- Make sure you receive Ring’s email.
- Complete the deletion process by following the instructions.
- If you want to save recordings, follow the instructions.
In the absence of a saved video, it will be permanently deleted, and its contents cannot be recovered.
Hopefully, we have answered all your questions about the reset ring account. Don’t be scared to try out a reset ring account.
You can always reverse it and start fresh if you don’t like the changes. The Ring app is a powerful tool, letting you monitor all your Ring devices and see live views of your cameras when you are not at home.
You can change your password and settings by resetting your Ring account. If you change your account’s user, you might need to reset the account for security and privacy reasons.
On the login page, click Forgot Password to reset a Ring account. When the Ring sends you the email, a link and instructions will be added to the email.