Fitbit has grown to be the fitness-tracking brand that users can’t get enough of. Its wearable fitness products empower millions of users across the globe to monitor their fitness and health goals through a gamified system.
The Fitbit sleep monitoring tools have become more accurate than ever with its updated technology.
But what happens when it stops tracking your sleep? Actually, when this happens to Fitbits, there’s really nothing you can do because it isn’t broken. Or at least not fully broken.
Using the specific directions for your Fitbit model, you can restart the device if it stops automatically tracking sleep.
The Fitbit app can be used to manually start and stop sleep tracking if the device is not tracking sleep automatically.
In this article, we’ll discuss some solutions to troubleshoot your Fitbit when it stops tracking your sleeping patterns.
What’s the reason my Fitbit not tracking sleep?
Having a basic understanding of how Fitbits track your sleep can help you troubleshoot your Fitbit when not tracking or recording your sleep.
When you have not moved for an hour, Fitbit records that you are sleeping. Because of this, your Fitbit will not recognize a nap lasting less than an hour as sleep.
Ensure your Fitbit is snug on your wrist before getting into bed to ensure accurate sleep tracking.
The following troubleshooting tips will help if your Fitbit is still not tracking your sleep:
Restart your Fitbit
Fitbit problems, including those involving sleep not being recorded, can usually be resolved by restarting your device. This is a simple step that fixes many Fitbit problems.
You can restart a Fitbit Charge, Inspire, Ace 2, or One by following these steps:
- Plug the cable into a wall outlet or a computer.
- Fitbit should be connected directly to the other end of the cable. Make sure it is plugged in and charging.
- Keep the Fitbit button pressed for 10-12 seconds.
- Depending on your Fitbit model, you can see a start-up screen, a smile icon, or a battery icon. After you see this, you can unplug your Fitbit and release the button.
A CR2025 battery powers the Fitbit Zip. If your Fitbit Zip software isn’t tracking sleep, you can manually restart it by following the steps below:
- Remove the battery from the battery door.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Make sure the + sign is facing up on the Fitbit battery.
- Keep the battery door closed.
Here are the steps to reset Fitbit models that no longer track sleep:
- The Fitbit Ace, Alta, or Flex 2 can be restarted by pressing the charger cable button three times while pausing between presses.
- You can see the Fitbit logo on the back and bottom of the Fitbit Blaze, Ionic, and Versa by pressing and holding the buttons there.
- Hold the back button for 10 seconds on Fitbit Versa Lite or Versa 2. To restart these Fitbits, you don’t have to plug them in.
Configure the Fitbit’s sleep sensitivity
The Fitbits offer sensitive and normal sleep tracking modes. It may seem that you’re not sleeping in the sensitive mode, especially if you move a lot while you sleep. A normal mode may be better suited to light sleepers.
Using your mobile device, follow these steps to change your Fitbit’s sleep sensitivity mode:
- Click on the profile icon in the Fitbit app.
- Choose “Advanced Settings.”
- Click “Sleep Sensitivity.”
- Set the mode to Normal or Sensitive.
Note: The setting for Android devices cannot be changed at the moment.
If you’re using a computer, you can change your Fitbit’s sleep sensitivity by following these steps:
- Log into your account on com.
- The gear icon is located in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- The drop-down menu will show “Settings.”
- Select Normal or Sensitive under “Sleep Sensitivity.”.
- Click “Submit” to save your selection.
How to adjust the Fitbit’s sleep logging manually?
Alternately, if your Fitbit does not automatically log your sleep, you can start and stop sleep tracking using the Fitbit app.
If your sleep log is inaccurate, you can make changes at any time. Follow these steps:
- Select the Sleep tile in the Fitbit app.
- Edit on the night of your choice.
- Select the three dots.
- Select “Edit” from the menu.
- Adjust your waking and sleeping times.
- Click on “Save.”
You can manually record your sleep in your Fitbit account or app if you prefer not to have your Fitbit automatically track your sleep.
It is not recommended to manually log your sleep as you will not get any information on your sleeping patterns or stages of sleep.
Additional Fitbit Sleep Tracker Settings
Fitbit can help you adjust your sleep schedule to meet your needs through various sleep settings. Using the silent alarm on your Fitbit, for example, you can gently wake up in the morning.
● Sleeping goals
Creating a sleep goal can help you properly manage your sleep schedule. For adults, a seven-hour sleep schedule is recommended.
Create your own sleep schedule by following these steps:
- Select the Sleep tile in the Fitbit app.
- In the top-right corner, tap the gear icon.
- Sleep goals should be set or changed.
- Click “Done.”
● Schedule for sleep
To ensure you get enough sleep, you can set a sleep schedule. The Fitbit app allows you to create your sleep schedule by setting a target bedtime and wake-up time.
In addition to setting a bedtime reminder for a specific time and date, you can also determine your ideal bedtime.
You will see a star next to the nights you succeed in staying on your sleep schedule in the sleep log.
Hopefully, this article will have given you some insight into why your Fitbit may not be tracking your sleep as it was once tracking it.
You’ve probably found some useful advice from our guide to help you overcome any sleep tracking issues with your Fitbit.
In the end, there’s no guarantee that one of these fixes will restore your accurate Fitbit sleep tracking, but they are worth a try.
You may also want to contact customer support and ask if they have any other suggestions to help with your sleep tracking problems.
After all, even the best devices have problems sometimes, and there are often ways to fix issues that arise.
Want to Read more?
What Is the Reason My iPad Alarm is so Quiet?