You’re sitting on your couch watching Netflix on your Samsung TV, but you don’t have surround sound.
You want the deep bass and crystal clear audio only a soundbar can deliver. But are Vizio soundbars compatible with Samsung TVs? You’ve come to the right place to find out.
Can a Vizio soundbar be connected to a Samsung TV? Yes! Connecting Vizio Soundbars to Samsung TVs via HDMI or optical cable is possible.
HDMI-enabled Samsung TV remotes can also be used on Soundbars. Unfortunately, other options will result in diminished sound quality.
This article will show you how to connect your Vizio soundbar with a Samsung TV. So let’s get started!
How to connect Vizio Soundbar to your Samsung TV?
You can connect the two with either an HDMI or optical cable. We would say that HDMI is the better option between Optical and HDMI. Below you will find alternatives that aren’t nearly as good.
Analog RCA cables cannot transmit high-resolution audio, so HDMI and optical cables are better options.
To learn how to connect your Vizio Soundbar to your Samsung TV, let’s conduct a closer examination of those two methods (optical and HDMI).
How to pair Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV?
Connecting a Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV can be done in a few ways. Vizio soundbars are compatible with Samsung TVs via optical or HDMI cables.
With HDMI ARC, you can control the soundbar using the Samsung TV remote. See, this is the best way to control the soundbar.
To connect the two devices, follow the instructions below.
- Buy an HDMI cable.
- A cable from your Vizio soundbar should be connected to your Samsung TV and the other end to your soundbar.
- Turn on the TV and the soundbar.
- Choose HDMI from the “input” menu on your Vizio soundbar.
- After that, switch your Samsung TV’s audio output to HDMI.
- Test your soundbar by playing something on your TV.
- There you have it. With your Vizio soundbar connected to your Samsung TV, you can experience great sound.
How to troubleshoot your HDMI Connection?
You may need to do one more thing if you still don’t hear any sound from your Vizio soundbar after following the above steps.
If you have a Vizio Soundbar or Samsung TV speaker, you won’t hear any sound at all. Your TV speakers will still play music, but you won’t hear anything from your soundbar.
The first thing you need to do is check that your HDMI was installed correctly and that the input button had been switched to HDMI.
Alternatively, you can access the TV settings on your Samsung. Select “Expert settings” from the “sound settings.”
Then click it. The HDMI and DAO options in Exper Settings should be changed to PCM. Digital audio applications use Pulse-Code Modulation, or PCM, standard audio format.
The audio from your Vizio Soundbar should now be audible only after you make this change. If this has not corrected the issue, you may need to check the audio output source or contact Vizio or Samsung for assistance. The companies will be glad to assist you.
How to connect Optical Cable Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV?
If you don’t have an HDMI cable and won’t get one, optical cables, also known as Toslink cables, are a great alternative to connecting your Samsung TV and Vizio Soundbar.
You can connect your TV and Soundbar using an optical cable by following these steps:
- Buy Optical Cable from a store that sells electronics.
- Make sure all plastic and packaging are removed.
- Connect one side of the cable to the port on your Samsung TV.
- The optical port on the Vizio Soundbar should receive the other end of the cable.
- Start the Samsung TV and Vizio Soundbar.
- Select Optical on the Vizio remote by pressing the Input button.
- Your speakers will now be turned off if you click the menu on your remote.
- Select Bitstream or DD from the Audio menu.
To test whether your Vizio Soundbar is connected to your Samsung TV, you simply have to watch something.
How to troubleshoot your Optical Cable connection?
An optical cable can be used instead of an HDMI cable for connecting your Vizio soundbar to a Samsung TV if you don’t have an HDMI cable. If you’re looking for better results than an analog cable, use a fiber-optic or Toslink cable.
How can you tell if you’ve taken all of the steps suggested above and your Vizio Soundbar is still not producing sound? People encounter a few problems connecting an Optical Cable to a Soundbar and a TV.
A Vizio Soundbar not working may be causing two things to happen.
- There is no sound at all
- The Samsung TV’s speakers are still the only source of audio
You will have to toggle some extra settings to solve this issue.
- Select “Expert Settings” from the TV’s settings menu
- Then, switch the “HDMI” and “DAO” to the PCM option.
- You will now hear audio generated by your Vizio Soundbar once you change those settings.
How to connect the Vizio Soundbar to a Samsung TV with additional options?
Vizio Soundbar and Samsung TV can be connected via HDMI, optical cables, and other options.
An RCA cable is the first option. Your TV and Soundbar’s red, yellow, and white cable connectors connect to these colored cables.
Bluetooth can also be used to connect your TV and Soundbar. However, if you are looking for optimal audio, it is recommended that you connect your computer via HDMI then use an optical cable. If you have no other option, we suggest you only use Bluetooth/RCA cables.
In the end, if you make sure that your Vizio Soundbar is Bluetooth compatible with your Samsung TV, you won’t have much trouble getting them to work together.
Sure, it might not be quite as simple as plug-and-play, but if you step through the process carefully and refer to these instructions, connecting your two devices will be a simple and straightforward process.