Smart TVs are great when combined with compatible accessories, such as Google Home Assistant or Amazon Echo Show.
The convenience of talking to your Sony TV to find out the weather or ask it to show you the latest news on Twitter is cool, but what if you already have Alexa-enabled devices at home? You can still make your Sony Bravia “smart.” This guide will show you how.
Take into consideration how a new device will fit in with your other devices when choosing one for your home. Smart televisions can be rendered ineffective by poor compatibility, even when they’re the best.
There are two major ways iPhones can mirror their Screen with Sony TVs.
There are two methods to mirror your screens: Airplay (usually built into iPhones running IOS13 or higher) or Screen Mirroring (available for download). Apple’s iPhones with an IOS version of 12 or lower cannot stream through AirPlay.
You can always find a solution for Apple products, even if this can become an issue regarding compatibility. How can an iPhone display a Sony TV screen? In this article, we answer that question. Continue reading!
1. Successfully mirroring the Screen
Yes, it is possible to mirror an iPhone screen onto a Sony TV. There are two successful ways to do so. The simplest way is to use the Air Screen or Screen Mirroring App, which allows you to mirror your IOS 13 screen without lag or delay.
The second way is to use a third-party dongle like the Anycast M4 Plus, compatible with most iOS devices.
You can use Air Screen TV or the Screen Mirroring App to do this with an iOS 13 device. To use the Screen Mirroring App, download and install it first.
Here are the steps for using AIr Screen TV:
- Make sure the iPhone and Sony TV are connected to the same wifi.
- Choose Screen Mirroring from your phone’s App Store.
- Select your Sony TV, and your device will search for it automatically.
- Mirroring will begin when you select it.
- Choose Sony TV Mirror.
- With the remote control, select OK to approve the connection.
- You will see your content on your TV once you click Start Broadcast.
2. Apple TV Device
You can easily access all of your content on your iPhone or iPad and mirror the Screen on your Sony TV with the Apple TV device. Streaming content from your iPhone to any smart TV is the simplest and easiest method available.
Follow these instructions to install and connect an Apple TV device:
- Install the Apple TV device on your Sony TV following the outlined steps.
- Ensure that you connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same wifi.
- Your phone screen will look different depending on the device you’re using. Touch Control Center and select it.
- Choose Screen Mirroring.
- Connect your Apple TV device to a TV.
- Your TV selection will appear marked with a checkmark.
- You can now choose which content you want to show on your TV with the iPhone screen mirrored on your TV.
3. Hard Wiring Option
There is no substitute for hard wiring when all other options fail. An HDMI adapter can be used to connect your iPhone to your Sony TV directly. This is less convenient than a wireless connection, but it almost always works.
The adapter you choose should be compatible with the charging port on your iPhone, and the HDMI cable you choose should be compatible with both your Sony TV and the adapter.
Additionally, the HDMI cable must be long enough for you to reach your phone safely. A minimum of 6 feet is recommended for HDMI cables.
Below are the instructions for connecting your device:
- Connect your phone to the adapter.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the adapter.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the Sony TV on the other end.
- Select Input from the menu on your TV remote.
- Choose an HDMI port you are using.
- You will be able to see your phone screen on your TV as soon as you select the correct HDMI port.
4. Detailed Screen Mirroring Information
In addition to the mirroring options described above, other options are available when mirroring your iPhone screen to your Sony TV.
If you don’t feel like using third-party apps or downloading additional software, you can easily use your iPhone’s built-in AirPlay functionality.
This feature allows you to display your iPhone on your Sony TV wirelessly. All you need is an Apple TV connected to the same wifi network as your iPhone and a compatible Sony TV model running Android 7 or later.
There are alternative methods that can be used to mirror your iPhone screen to your Sony TV. However, there are some limitations:
- YouTube App users may cast directly from their iPhones, but they will not select any additional settings. If you want to watch YouTube content, this is not true mirroring but is helpful.
- While Miracast App is available, its supported content is limited. As an Apple Store app has limitations on devices running an iOS operating system before IOS 13, we recommend checking the Apple Store specs.
- Miracast has the same limitations as Chromecast.
While it’s certainly possible to mirror your iPhone to your Sony smart TV, there are a few obstacles you’ll have to overcome first. For one thing, iPhones don’t have Miracast compatibility, so you can’t do this wirelessly.
Also, the cables needed to connect your devices are not included in the box. It should go without saying that the process can be somewhat expensive.
There is some difficulty in making a product compatible with Apple devices, but with a little research, you should be fine. Fortunately, this article will show you how to mirror your iPhone screen on your Sony TV most easily and conveniently.
This article will talk about smart TVs and how they function with other devices. We also talk about smart TV mirrors and the important role that mirroring plays in your smart home.
If you want to learn more about smart mirrors and how they can improve your day-to-day, then read on.